The not stop life of the Bigelow's....

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

20 Week Ultrasound/ Furniture Project

Our 20 week Ultrasound appointment was the 30th of June, I know I'm a little late but here is 1 of 3 pictures I was able to have!







The baby is stretching it's toes in the air. :)


The doctor's appointment went really well. As soon as the tech put the reciever on my belly, the baby was active as ever. He had hiccups, you could see the little belly moving alot! It was cute :) (I'm not saying 'he' because we know the sex, I just don't like saying 'it'). Then she stretched her legs, yawned, sucked fluid, put his thumb up to his mouth. It was wonderful. I have know idea how anyone could not believe in Christ after seeing that! What a miracle. We watched the 4 heart ventricals working properly, pumping blood. Looked at the stomach, everything looked good. We saw all his bones, ribs, vertebrae's. It was truly amazing. What technology can do is just beyond me!! The tech said it's growing faster than the gestational age, so a week or more ahead, which either means a change in due date or I'm having a GOLIATH baby! Aahhh!! But as long as we're healthy and normal, I'm sure God has already taken care of that and know's what my body can and can't handle.

Just in the last 2 weeks or so, the movements of the baby have grown alot!! Even to waking me up in the middle of the night! Now, I'm only 22 weeks, which is almost 6 mo. It suprises me how much movement I feel this early.This child is definatly not behaving like me, it's a Chris baby! Mom's always told me I was the snuggly, quiet child in the womb. At one point they thought I was dead, because I NEVER MOVED! SO I have a pretty good feeling she's taking after her daddy :) WE're nervous and excited all at the same time, things are starting to be more real with baby movements and baby stuff starting to fill our home. Last month, mom, sissy and I drove to Hillsboro to pick up a baby crib/dresser, I had purchased off of craigslist. The couple that had it painted it, and did a CRAPPY job. Luckily, I have a very GIFTED sister who loves paint projects and right now we are antiqueing it, if that's the correct word.


This is similiar to the finish on the crib/ dresser after it is done.

My sister re-did some of her furniture and it turned out amazing. She has a knack for these things and is very talented, so she offered to do it. I'm going to do my best to help her, but knowing her and her perfection, she'll let me hold the tools! lol I'm really excited to see how it all turns out! It will be the most unique nurery furniture ever!

WE'll be sure to take pictures, before and after!!

1 comment:

Brian, Stacey and Shelby said...

Hey girl.. Just noticed y'all have a blog. Email me stacbruney@hotmail and I'll add you to ours if you're interested (private.. annoying, I know).

It was nice to see you at Ashley's shower. I'm so glad everything is going well with you and the babe! I'm a little nervous mine may be a Goliath baby as well.. tech said he had "beefy" thighs!! :)